Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cort Steampunk Spring Doll

Cort the indecisive.
 I continue to be amazed at how Dolls can take on personalities and "lives" of their own. I am a painter at heart but I love making dolls. All of my wildest dreams can blossom with clay. Not a 2D flat scene but a tangible object you can hold in your hands and change and keep changing. Just to start with a lump and then hold that finished figure in your hands as you begin to define their story. Amazing ;)

Cort is the last of this group of Steampunk Spring dolls. This group is different and more complex; bellies and a change in joints and elements embedded in the clay. I am bored easily so the ability to constantly change and evolve fits me perfect ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there comments are moderated it may take a few moments for them to appear ;)
Thanks