Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sneak Peek Birdie



SOLD
This is Birdie~She is afraid her Sewing has started to come alive. She is having visions where all of the patterns have started to dance about her......Poor Birdie ;)

Birdie is about 8" length and has joints that I like to call double joints. Where her arms and legs can be moved side to side and not just rotate. I think it makes the dolls more fun! Her birdie atop her head is from tea stained muslin and I used a paint pen to create the "pattern" marks. Her legs have pattern marks also and snippets from Poe's The Raven. I just ordered vintage seam binding from an Etsy shop that I adore!!! Bluebirdlane And this is wear her ruffles and that little papery rose come from ;) I guess I was inspired by my purchase lolol
She is not listed on Etsy yet that will be later this afternoon. I have her sisters to work on now.





example of her joints movement side to side.
SOLD

3 comments:

  1. I love her!
    She's so sweet and frilly and dismayed. LOL!
    p.s. I would love a close up of your joints...
    share, share, share..please.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron! Thanks so much!! Actually I stumbled on the joints and it's not difficult at all. I ran out of wire and well had to improvise. Hopefully I will get some pics in progress up soon. I take tons of them but just never have time to post ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's where all the great ideas come from. LOL!
    Guess I'll just have to wait for your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there comments are moderated it may take a few moments for them to appear ;)
Thanks